The Manor is located near a multitude of sites not to be missed in Brittany. You can organize a romantic weekend or stay at the hotel with different activities according to your desires; cultural discovery, escape, relaxation, sport.
In addition to the exceptional places that have given their names to the hotel's rooms, here is a non-exhaustive selection of leisure activities and visits that are a must!
- On foot and/or by bicycle (free loan)
Take advantage of the manor's privileged position to discover the pleasures of :
- Sailing: Two sailing schools are located directly on the beach of Port-Manec'h, at the foot of the hotel; sailing courses, boat rentals (sail or motor), kayak and paddle outings...
- Hiking : From the hotel, many hiking (GR34) and biking tours are available. A wide choice for a romantic walk by the sea or in the Breton countryside.
- Horseback riding: less than 2 km from the hotel, two riding centers can welcome you for initiations or rides.
- By car (less than 30 minutes)
- Golf: The Cornouaille golf course has a magnificent 18-hole course, bordering the bay of La Forêt-Fouesnant.
- Thalasso & Spa: the new thalassotherapy center in Concarneau opened its doors in July 2015 and will welcome you all year round.
- Aven Bridge
Follow the course of the Aven maritime to its mouth. Discover the meanders of the river which widens little by little: the site of Hénan with the tide mill, the house of the miller, the castle of Hénan, the chapels of Trémor and Sainte-Marguerite, the small ports of Kerdruc and Rosbraz...
From 1865, a cosmopolitan colony of artists settled and painted in Pont-Aven. But it is only after 1886 that Gauguin, Bernard and Sérusier pass Pont-Aven to posterity by sparking new pictorial ideas. The movement, now known worldwide under the term "School of Pont-Aven", is considered the basis of modern art.
The adventure is discovered at the Museum of Fine Arts, which reopened its doors in March 2016 after a complete renovation. Classified as a "Musée de France", it has 850 works of art unveiled in the permanent exhibition and throughout the temporary exhibitions.
- Chapels and Calvaries
Numerous chapels dating from 15th century until the middle of the 18thèmeThese are located in the vicinity of the Manor and are in a perfect state of preservation:
The Sainte-Barbe Chapel and its statues (Névez), the Saint-Mathieu Chapel (at Kerambail, 3 km from the hotel), the Saint-Nicolas Chapel located at Port-Manec'h, the Trémorvezen Chapel or the Chapel with the three Virgins where you can admire different statues including a child Jesus from Prague.
Discover also the numerous granite crosses that stand along the roads and in particular the one in the village of Nizon which inspired Gaugin for his 1887 work "The Green Christ" (Royal Museums of Fine Arts of Belgium, Brussels).
Concarneau is a city of art and history, an important fishing port and a seaside resort. The heart of the city, surrounded by fortifications, invites you to discover the past and to stroll through its shopping streets.
On either side of the old town, the fishing and yachting harbors are located in the center of the city where wide avenues favor the maritime spectacle. The cornice, a place for walking, leads to creeks and fine sandy beaches that encourage relaxation and water sports activities, in the shelter of one of the most beautiful bays in Brittany.
The area of South Finistère around the manor is full of possibilities to animate your stay or weekend in our charming hotel.