The European Ecolabel
Today, it is essential to reduce our impact on the environment.
This is why, through our hotel, we have chosen to act on our scale by adopting an eco-responsible approach, rewarded in August 2012 by the award of the European Ecolabel.
In concrete terms, this means, for example, that :
- 100% of our electricity comes from renewable energy sources.
- Our showers are equipped with flow reducers.
- Most of the products offered at breakfast are from organic agriculture and/or local producers.
- The towels are made of organic cotton from fair trade.
- Our televisions and computer equipment carry the European Ecolabel or Energy Star label, which recognizes their low energy consumption.
- In order to reduce our electricity consumption, our rooms are not equipped with a minibar, but we remain at your disposal to bring you something to quench your thirst.
- You will find very few hospitality products in our rooms (Slippers, shaving kit, dental kit, Vanity set, Bath cap, ...) but these products are available on request at the reception.
- To save water, only the Glénan suite is equipped with a bathtub, all the other rooms and suites of the establishment have a shower.
- We sort our waste and we prefer products with little packaging or recyclable packaging when we buy.
- We compost our organic waste and use the potting soil for our vegetable garden, our herbarium and our park.
- We use ecological household products.
- We make our staff aware of sustainable development and together we pursue clearly defined objectives.
What about you?
We invite you to participate in our approach by adopting during your stay some simple gestures that have a strong impact, such as turning off the heating when the window is open, turning off the light in a room when it is unoccupied, or sorting your waste by choosing the appropriate garbage can.
Moreover, in order to contribute to the saving of water and detergents, we will only wash the towels that you will leave on the floor: if you wish to reuse them, you can hang them on the towel dryers. Similarly, the sheets are washed on request or, during long stays, every three days.
The shower gel and the liquid soap that we put at your disposal in the bathroom are ecolabelled. In order to limit waste, we have chosen not to use an individual bag, but a pump bottle, which allows it to be used hygienically by several customers.
Why choose an eco-labelled establishment for your vacation?
By opting for a responsible accommodation, you encourage the generalization of this kind of practices. Moreover, you will be able to see that "ecological convictions" do not rhyme with "constraints", and that the comfort of a 4* establishment can be based on environmental concerns.
To learn more about the European Ecolabel, and the criteria to be met: www.ecolabels.fr